Plymouth Christian Elementary
Principal: Nathan Bleeker
1000 Ball NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Phone: (616) 458-4367
Fax: (616) 458-8532
Biblical Focus — PCE is a Scripturally based choice!
Plymouth Christian Schools Association is an independent, private school, providing educational programs for students in grades pre-kindergarten through grade twelve. We strive to place God and His infallible Word (Authorized King James version) at the center of all subjects studied, instruction given, and policies followed. We aim to provide Christian education presented from a Reformed worldview in accordance with our Doctrinal Standards: the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession of Faith, and the Canons of Dordt. We seek to incorporate these Christian principles in daily classroom devotions and instruction, frequent chapels, personal attention in small classroom settings, and while giving assistance to students with special needs or handicaps.
Classroom Instruction — PCE is a sound choice for a solid education!
- Accreditation: PCS has been an accredited school of Christian Schools International since 2002. The accreditation process helps focus on yearly goals and seeks continual improvement of all aspects of PCS education.
- Student Ratio and class size : For grades K – 6, the average teacher to student ratio is 1 to 20. The class sizes can range from 14 to 32.
- Curriculum: Elementary Art, Bible History, Bible Doctrine, Language Arts, Reading, Writing, Public Speaking, Computer Keyboarding, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Science, Geography, and History.
- Special Programs : Choral Music, Band, Pre-Kindergarten, Young 5’s (2 day or 3 day), Inclusive Education/Resource Room, Remedial Assistance, Outdoor Education, Student Community Service (K-6).
- Facility : The elementary building houses grades Pre-K through grade six in 15 classrooms. In addition students/staff have available to them a library, a computer lab, resource and remedial rooms, a music/band room, a gymnasium, an extensive playground, and commercially equipped kitchen facilities.
School Community — PCE is an excellent choice for a caring community!
- Nearly 100% of parents attend Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Parents support the school financially by their active involvement in school events/fund raisers. PCS has an enjoyable annual auction in which the school community joins to watch, participate in, and raise thousands of dollars to provide for school needs.
- PCE encourages a close/supportive circle of Church/Home/School.
- The dedicated teaching staff is fully certified and goes above and beyond the call of duty. We welcome parent comments and phone calls.
- PCE has a full time secretary, volunteer librarians, a computer technician and a maintenance man to assist staff and students and insure that the schools operate smoothly.
Extras — PCE is an ideal choice for enjoyable activities!
- PCE provides educational class trips that offer enrichment and opportunities for strengthening student friendships. Teachers plan a variety of educational field trips; some are yearly events, while others occur as opportunities arise. Students typically attend field trips that are specific to certain courses. Some of the traditional trips include: Dutch Village (Holland), Binder Park (Kalamazoo), John Ball Zoo, G.R. Press, G.R. Police Department, River Valley Museum (Kalamazoo), G.R. Symphony Performance, Meijer Gardens as well as area nature centers, dairy, and fruit farms.
- PCE music classes provide enjoyable evenings of music two times each year for the school community.
- PCE staff members organize a number of special assemblies throughout the year including: Reformation Day Program, Grand Parent’s Day Program, Christmas Program, Patriotic Program, Mother’s Day Program, and sixth grade graduation exercises.
- Tasty hot lunches are provided by parent volunteers two times per month!
- Semi-weekly sales are conducted by sixth grade students making delicious snacks available for elementary students.
- Candy sales and sub sandwich sales are held several times during the school year. The profits help provide for classroom needs.
For More Information
To receive more information, an application for admission, or to schedule a visit, please contact:
Plymouth Christian Elementary School
1000 Ball N.E.
Grand Rapids, MI 49505